Donate & Help
Over the years, Hotline’s services have expanded to meet the evolving needs of our community. Today, our dedicated and capable staff and volunteers provide a 24-hour crisis phone line, shelter, and services to victims of domestic abuse and emergency response to sexual assault survivors. We emphasize prevention education and response to community needs. Hotline joins with other local agencies to enhance services to Outer Banks residents and visitors. We work with the Dare County schools to offer life skills instruction; we assist the Department of Social Services by providing supplemental emergency funds; and we provide training to local law enforcement to improve techniques for investigating domestic violence, sex crimes, stalking, and child molestation.
Hotline depends upon government grants and personal contributions as well as its own fundraising projects, including five thrift stores, Festival of Trees, and other special events, and Endless Possibilities weaving project. All funds raised from these contributions, grants, and projects are funneled back into the community through Hotline’s programs.
Supporting Hotline is an opportunity for each of us to participate in the caring and resourceful community in which we have chosen to live, visit, or invest…and then grown to love. Here are a few of the many ways you can help support Hotline:
- Send a cash donation to PO Box 1490, Manteo, NC 27954. All donations are tax deductible. All donations, large and small, are used to fund an essential aspect of Hotline’s services, and each donation represents the trust and support of our community.
- Make a pledge to fund Hotline’s services over a period of time. Such a pledge will enable Hotline to plan ahead for its programs and services.
- Honor the memory of a loved one or friend with a memorial donation.
- Include Hotline in your estate planning. You can work through the Outer Banks Community Foundation or simply include your gift as part of your will.
- Participate in our Festival of Trees Celebration. We ask for donations of decorated Christmas trees and holiday items to be sold at auction. This well-attended event heralds the arrival of the holiday season for many Outer Banks residents. Find out more…
- You can support the Hotline Thrift Shops by shopping in one of our fundraising thrift shops, donating gently used clothing or household items to be sold in the shops, or volunteer your time in one of the thrift shops. Find out more…
- You can visit, shop, or volunteer at Endless Possibilities, our recycled weaving studio. Find out more…
- Be a Crisis Line Volunteer. Find out more…
- And many more ways. Contact us today to find out more.
To help support Hotline and the valuable programs and services it provides to our community, simply click the link below.
We are a 501(c)3 organization and your donations are tax deductible.
For more information on ways you can donate feel free to submit the contact form below or call the Hotline at (252)473-5121